The Batteries sometimes suffer from many problems. Because we use Ac power the Batteries suffer from Chemical Problems. So here we are trying to revive two batteries which were made in 2005. If you have any NiCd or NiMH batteries that won’t hold their charge, you can often revive them. Revive Rechargeable Batteries by using following methods.
- Use up the power of the battery as much as possible.
- Put them in a plastic bag and seal it.
- Place the bag in the freezer for at least 24 hours. Overnight is sometimes enough.
- Take the bag out of the freezer and leave the batteries to return to room temperature. Do wipe of the condensed water of the batteries before using them. Leave them sun for a few hours to dry.
- Fully charge the battery, then use them again, get the power as low as you can get it. Repeat this charge-discharge cycle a few times, and see if you get a longer life.
Your mileage will vary, but two of the experimental 4-year-old batteries are now useful. We get between 2 and 4 hours from one of them, depending on the load of the gadget. You can do this with cellphone batteries, or batteries from lots of other gear.
I would like to thank the blog ‘A geeks day out‘.